Computer Literacy (3N0881)
Computer Literacy 3N0881 is a part-time introduction to basic computing skills. This is a stand alone minor award, which can be used towards achieving a full Major award in General Learning 3M0874. This course will be delivered via 21 hours classroom instruction, plus 10.5 hours supervised class time. There will be minimum 13.5 hours of home/project work required.
"I found the thought of doing this course to be quite daunting, however the course was very enjoyable and easy to understand. I would recommend this course to anyone who is new to computers" - Leanne
Learners will be able to:
- Outline how Information Technology affects everyday life to include social networking, e-commerce, e-Government and e- Learning
- Explain commonplace Information Technology concepts and terminology relating to computer types, computer hardware, application software, and the internet
- Describe information security considerations including password protection, viruses, and provision of personal details
- Outline the functions of the main hardware elements of a computer including input, output and storage devices
- Operate computer hardware by performing all required steps including connecting all required devices, and powering up and shutting down equipment appropriately
- Use a range a keyboard capabilities including text entry, numeric data entry, function keys, application keys, multifunction keys, symbols, cursor control, caps lock, and num lock
- Use a computer application to create a file by performing all required steps including accessing the application, entering data using the keyboard and mouse, printing the file, and storing the file appropriately for subsequent retrieval
- Award Title: Computer Literacy (3N0881)
- Duration: 150 hours made up of 50 hours directed learning and 100 hours self-directed learning. The porfolio/collection of work will be completed during the self-directed learning hours and the skills demonstration will be completed in 45 minutes during directed learning hours.
- Entry requirements: None
- Award Type: Minor Award
- Framework Level: NFQ Level 3
- Awarding Body: QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland)
- Portfolio of coursework
- Skill Demonstration
- Protection for learners:NCU Training is one of only seven fully bonded and insured ICPA (Irish Course Providers Association) member training providers in Ireland. If you train with us your course is fully insured for refund of all fees in case of disruptions. *This is only available on courses of three months in Duration
- Complaints procedure:It is your right as a client of our service to make a complaint if you feel your experience with us falls short of what you expected. We want the process to be easy, effective and fair. If you would like to make a complaint you can either call us on 01-8479463 or email us directly at email@example.com
Price and next starting date.
- Price: €250 (Excluding certification fee)
- View upcoming courses for next starting date