Care Support (5N0758)
This course is about learning and understanding the skills needed to provide client care in a variety of settings from hospital to community care. This course is the ideal starting point in learning care support skills as it outlines the various stages and roles skills needed. Initially it describes how to evaluate carer/client relationships and reflection and development of themselves working with others (multi disciplinary teams). This part - time single module programme, successful completition of which leads to Fetac level 5 component 5N0758, can be used as a component in Fetac level 5 Major Award - Health Service Skills The course evolves to look at the importance of daily living activities as described by Rogan, Logan and Tierney and the carer's role in delivering and evaluating the client in relation to ADLS (Activities Of Daily Living). The course looks at the ethical and legal issues encountered in care work and the importance of compliance with same.
"The tutor was very good and easy to listen to, content was simple and easy to understand" – Aoife
Learners will be able to:
- Discuss the roles, responsibilities and entitlements of a care worker
- Examine the role of a care worker within the multidisciplinary healthcare team
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and provide enhanced quality care
- Apply knowledge gained to plan and meet the needs of the individual client
- Explore the need for personal planning and growth
- Plan strategies to improve own personal development
- Reflect on personal effectiveness as a care worker to include own strengths and weaknesses
- Reflect on relationships with clients, relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in care work.
- Award Title: Care Support (5N0758)
- Duration: 150 hours of which 50 are directed learning and 100 are self directed learning. The self-directed learning will include a work placement spread over a 10 day period.
- Entry requirements: Candidates should hold a Leaving Certificate or relevant qualifications and / or relevant life and work experiences. Participants must speak and work in English at a standard appropriate to the course content.
- Award Type: Minor Award
- Framework Level: NFQ Level 5
- Awarding Body: QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland)
- Learner record
- Written Assignment
- Protection for learners:NCU Training is one of only seven fully bonded and insured ICPA (Irish Course Providers Association) member training providers in Ireland. If you train with us your course is fully insured for refund of all fees in case of disruptions. *This is only available on courses of three months in Duration
- Complaints procedure:It is your right as a client of our service to make a complaint if you feel your experience with us falls short of what you expected. We want the process to be easy, effective and fair. If you would like to make a complaint you can either call us on 01-8479463 or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Price and next starting date.
- Price: €250
- View upcoming courses for next starting date