Manual handling is a course designed to reduce the risk of manual handling injuries in the workplace. The workshop provides participants with the knowledge and skills to effectively identify, assess and control risks arising from manual handling tasks. Participants learn how to correctly lift, place down and move objects safely from one place to another while making sure that they themselves are safe and not likely to cause injury to others.
"Manual Handling is a short and great course that showed me the importance of lifting items properly - something my back will thank me for in the future" - Glen
- Health, safety and manual handling law
- Back basics
- Prevention of back injury
- Ergonomics and VDU’s
- Manual handling assessment
- Individual lifts and carrying (this section can be tailored to suit the group)
- Safe lifting
- Exercise for your back
- Entry Requirements: None
- Qualification: In House Certifiate
- Assessment: Skills demonstration / Exam
Price and next starting date.
- Price: €70
- View upcoming courses for next starting date