Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977)
The purpose of this award is to ensure that the learner is fully capable of using a broad range of advanced spreadsheets features to work effectively and produce clear printouts. On successful completion of this course the learner will be able to carry out advanced selection, formatting,charts, tables, formulae usage, macro production and design of dynamic spreadsheets.
"I was expecting spreadsheet methods to be somewhat difficult but to my surprise it was easy to understand and enjoyable to learn" - Ciara
- Investigate a range of common uses for spreadsheets
- Explore key spreadsheet elements including cells, cell references, numeric, alpha, and alphanumeric data, formulae, functions, graphs and macros
- Demonstrate common spreadsheet usability features to include use of toolbars, window management, sorting, and filtering
- Use spreadsheet design features involving data and cell formatting techniques which enhance understanding and legibility
- Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution, and management of simple macros
- Print complete or partial sections of a spreadsheet, formatted fit for presentation
- Use advanced spreadsheet features including absolute and relative cell references, conditional IF statements, statistical, financial, and date and time functions
- Generate a variety of types of graphs, with appropriate titles and labels, from spreadsheet data
- Produce a spreadsheet, with minimal supervision, that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose
- Demonstrate personal initiative and resourcefulness in editing and amending spreadsheets to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Award Title: Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977)
- Duration: 150 of which 50 hours directed and 100 hours self-directed
- Entry Requirements: QQI Level 4 certificate, Leaving certificate or equivalent qualifications and/or relevant life and work experiences
- Award Type: Minor Award
- Framework Level: NFQ Level 5
- Awarding Body: QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland)
- Protection for Learners:
As a part of best practice to safeguard the interests of learners enrolled for programmes exceeding three months and in line with the regulatory/statutory requirements of QQI and the ‘Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012’.
NCU Training has arranged comprehensive cover by a Learner Protection Policy, Number
LPI-00098-PHIS with O'Driscoll O'Neil underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited, June 2018.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that learners are protected in the event of the unexpected cessation of any training programme in NCU Training provided, and/or organised and/or sub-contracted training.
Evidence to confirm implementation of the NCU Training Protection for Learners Policy includes:
- A statement of arrangements for Protection for Learners in programme information for relevant programmes of over three months’ duration.
- Fee refund documentation, where it applies.
- Learner transfer documentation, in the event of the unexpected cessation of programmes
- Complaints Procedure:
It is your right as a client of our service to make a complaint if you feel your experience with us falls short of what you expected. We want the process to be easy, effective and fair. If you would like to make a complaint, you can either call us on 01-8479463 or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Price and next starting date.
- Price: €250 (Excluding Certification Fee)
- Funding: A range of training courses are available with NCU Training which are free to unemployed persons. The first step is to contact your local Employment Services Office to register and apply for training.
- View Upcoming Courses for next starting date