Handling Food Hygienically (4N1119)
The purpose of this award is to ensure that the learner is fully capable of fulfilling the legal obligations and food safety regulations in handling food. On successful completion of this course the learner will be able to carry out the correct procedures to safely provide food to the user. The benefits to the learner is that they can carry out safe food handling in any food related environment - manufacturing, catering and retail.
"This was a great course with very informative content, the tutor was very helpful and pleasant" - Susan
Learners will be able to:
- State the role of the employee in food hygiene and safety including personal hygiene, legal responsibilities and the use of protective clothing
- Outline how food is put at risk by chemical, physical and microbiological hazards, cross contamination and allergens
- List food borne illness and the factors which contribute to their expansion
- Describe how pests can be controlled in and around a food premises
- Outline the reasons for ensuring that correct temperatures are used in food preparation and production including the limitations of temperature control and procedures for recording food temperatures
- Use safe and hygienic food handling practices including HACCP, for food preparation, cleaning, waste disposal and pest prevention
- Refrain from unhygienic practices in food production
- Complete a range of basic food safety documents and records.
- Award Title: Handling Food Hygienically (4N1119)
- Duration: 50 Hours total, 24 hours directed learning, 26 hours self directed Learning.
- Entry requirements: None
- Award Type: Minor Award
- Framework Level: NFQ Level 4
- Awarding Body: QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland)
- Skill Demonstration
- Protection for learners:NCU Training is one of only seven fully bonded and insured ICPA (Irish Course Providers Association) member training providers in Ireland. If you train with us your course is fully insured for refund of all fees in case of disruptions. *This is only available on courses of three months in Duration
- Complaints procedure:It is your right as a client of our service to make a complaint if you feel your experience with us falls short of what you expected. We want the process to be easy, effective and fair. If you would like to make a complaint you can either call us on 01-8479463 or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Price and next starting date.
- View upcoming courses for next starting date