Care Skills (5N2770)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge skills and competence to care for clients to enable them to work effectively in a safe and hygienic environment in all healthcare settings. ln delivery, the course will evolve through 3 key areas 1,What is Client care? 2.Correct use of equipment. 3.Assisting skills. This part-time , single module programme, successful completion of which leads to QQI level 5 component 5N2770, can be used as a component in QQI Level 5 Major Award - Healthcare Support 5M4339. What is client care looks at the range of clients and their various needs. Firstly we examine all client needs through the Activities of Daily living and then illustrate the specific needs of people who require personal care. Encouraging possitivity within the clients by respecting their needs and creating activities that allows them to lead their lives to their maximum independence. Correct use of equipment involves illustrating the dangers of incorrect use of a variety items and the safest methods to firstly protect themselves and then the client thus promoting people/patient moving or handling techniques. This will include mobility and sensory aids. Assisting skills will emphasize the importance and the correct methods of client care in washing, bathing and showering. Participants will be given practical demonstrations on assisting with dressing and grooming , eating and drinking. The promotion of dignity and respect through the clear communication between client and carer, whilst assisting with all activities of daily living.
"I found the course to be excellent, great tutor and great course content, would recommend to everyone" - Michael
Learners will be able to:
- Identify relevant groups of people in need of health care
- Examine the physical, emotional, social, psychological and spiritual needs of a range of groups of people, taking into account individual variation
- Identify the hygiene needs of dependent clients
- Discuss the prevention of pressure sores
- Demonstrate knowledge of the correct procedures for the cleaning and replacement of a range of patient equipment
- Adapt levels of assistance to the needs of particular clients
- Demonstrate a range of interpersonal skills when dealing with clients to include empathy, respect, patience and effective communication skills
- Exercise initiative to improve client involvement in social events, outings and occupational therapy and physiotherapy
- Contribute to the maintenance of safe and hygienic environments for clients to include the safe disposal of soiled linen
- Assist clients with dressing, grooming, eating, drinking, toileting, continence promotion, mobility and where appropriate, social needs
- Apply client safety and security procedures to include appropriate on site client care procedures for washing, bathing, showering, positioning, moving and handling
- Give assistance that enhances the privacy, dignity, independence and positive self image of clients in care
- Give assistance to clients in the use of a range of care equipment to include sensory equipment, aids to encourage independence and mechanical aids including mobility aids, feeding aids, washing aids, elimination aids and hoists
- Report changes in the client's condition to the relevant Supervisor
- Complete client documentation where appropriate.
- Award Title: Care Skills (5N2770)
- Duration: 150 hours of which 50 hours directed learning and 100 hours of self directed learning. The self-directed learning hours will include preparation for the skills demonstration and home assignment work.
- Entry requirements: Leaving certificate or relevant qualifications and/or relevant life and work experience participants must speak and work in English at a standard appropriate to the course content.
- Award Type: Minor Award
- Framework Level: NFQ Level 5
- Awarding Body: QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland)
- Two Assessments
- Skills Demonstration
- Protection for learners:NCU Training is one of only seven fully bonded and insured ICPA (Irish Course Providers Association) member training providers in Ireland. If you train with us your course is fully insured for refund of all fees in case of disruptions. *This is only available on courses of three months in Duration
- Complaints procedure:It is your right as a client of our service to make a complaint if you feel your experience with us falls short of what you expected. We want the process to be easy, effective and fair. If you would like to make a complaint you can either call us on 01-8479463 or email us directly at email@example.com
Price and next starting date.
- Price: €250
- View upcoming courses for next starting date