Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977)
The purpose of this award is to ensure that the learner is fully capable of using a broad range of advanced spreadsheets features to work efffectively and produce clear printouts. On successful completion of this course the learner will be able to carry out advanced selection, formatting,charts, tables, formulae usage, macro production and design of dynamic spreadsheets.
"I was expecting spreadsheet methods to be somewhat difficult but to my surprise it was easy to understand and enjoyable to learn" - Ciara
- Investigate a range of common uses for spreadsheets
- Explore key spreadsheet elements including cells, cell references, numeric, alpha, and alphanumeric data, formulae, functions, graphs and macros
- Demonstrate common spreadsheet usability features to include use of toolbars, window management, sorting, and filtering
- Use spreadsheet design features involving data and cell formatting techniques which enhance understanding and legibility
- Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution, and management of simple macros
- Print complete or partial sections of a spreadsheet, formatted fit for presentation
- Use advanced spreadsheet features including absolute and relative cell references, conditional IF statements, statistical, financial, and date and time functions
- Generate a variety of types of graphs, with appropriate titles and labels, from spreadsheet data
- Produce a spreadsheet, with minimal supervision, that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose
- Demonstrate personal initiative and resourcefulness in editing and amending spreadsheets to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Award Title: Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977)
- Duration: 150 of which 50 hours directed and 100 hours self-directed
- Entry requirements: QQI Level 4 certificate, Leaving certificate or equivalent qualifications and/or relevant life and work experiences
- Award Type: Minor Award
- Framework Level: NFQ Level 5
- Awarding Body: QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland)
- Protection for learners:NCU Training is one of only seven fully bonded and insured ICPA (Irish Course Providers Association) member training providers in Ireland. If you train with us your course is fully insured for refund of all fees in case of disruptions. *This is only available on courses of three months in Duration
- Complaints procedure:It is your right as a client of our service to make a complaint if you feel your experience with us falls short of what you expected. We want the process to be easy, effective and fair. If you would like to make a complaint you can either call us on 01-8479463 or email us directly at email@example.com
Price and next starting date.
- Price: €250
- View upcoming courses for next starting date