HACCP and Food Safety
HACCP and Food Safety is a QQI level 5 course that will be of practical assistance to people who need to implement a food safety system. It is suitable for anyone working in the food industry and successful participants will be able to evaluate their own food operation’s hygiene, food safety, quality and management, having regard to legislative requirements, voluntary standards, consumer requirements and customer health and safety. HACCP means hazard analysis and critical control point. HACCP and Food Safety is at supervisors and managers level within the food industry.
“It was delivered in a fun, kind, caring and well explained way” - Sarah
Our Academic Standards Quality Officer/tutor Pat Flynn has been involved in training since 1975 and has worked extensively in the UK and Ireland. He has educational qualifications in Food, Business, World Class Manufacturing and Healthcare. He is also a qualified QQI level 6 People Handling and Manual Handling instructor who is very passionate about Healthcare and Food Safety.
Quote from Lieutenant-General Dermot Earley DSM (24 February 1948 – 23 June 2010) words he spoke so many times to so many groups but especially to young soldiers and cadets
- Your attitude is more important than your ability.
- Your motives are more important than your methods.
- Your courage is more important than your cleverness.
- Always have your heart in the right place.
- Introduction to Food Safety
- Introduction to HACCP and its principles
- Food Hazards and their control
- Hygiene and the Workplace
- Determine hazards. Identify control measures for named hazards.
- Identify Critical Control Points and establish critical limits. Establish monitoring systems for CCPs.
- Outline the duties and requirements of the HACCP team.
Learners should be able to use hazard analysis to:
- Duration: 4 days
- Entry Requirements: Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualifications and/or relevant life and work experiences
- Qualification: QQI Level 5
- Course Code: 5N5266
- Assessment: Examination/Assignment
- Note: This course is ideal progression for candidates who currently hold a QQI Level 4 Handling Food Hygienically qualification.
- Protection for Learners:
As a part of best practice to safeguard the interests of learners enrolled for programmes exceeding three months and in line with the regulatory/statutory requirements of QQI and the ‘Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012’.
NCU Training has arranged comprehensive cover by a Learner Protection Policy, Number
LPI-00098-PHIS with O'Driscoll O'Neil underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited, June 2018.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that learners are protected in the event of the unexpected cessation of any training programme in NCU Training provided, and/or organised and/or sub-contracted training.
Evidence to confirm implementation of the NCU Training Protection for Learners Policy includes:
- A statement of arrangements for Protection for Learners in programme information for relevant programmes of over three months’ duration.
- Fee refund documentation, where it applies.
- Learner transfer documentation, in the event of the unexpected cessation of programmes
- Complaints Procedure:
It is your right as a client of our service to make a complaint if you feel your experience with us falls short of what you expected. We want the process to be easy, effective and fair. If you would like to make a complaint, you can either call us on 01-8479463 or email us directly at email@example.com
Price and next starting date.
- Price:€250 (Excluding Certification Fee)
- Funding: A range of training courses are available with NCU Training which are free to unemployed persons. The first step is to contact your local Employment Services Office to register and apply for training.
- View Upcoming Courses for next starting date