Manual handling is a course designed to reduce the risk of manual handling injuries in the workplace. The workshop provides participants with the knowledge and skills to effectively identify, assess and control risks arising from manual handling tasks. Participants learn how to correctly lift, place down and move objects safely from one place to another while making sure that they themselves are safe and not likely to cause injury to others.
If you are interested in completing a SOLAS Safe Pass course and Manual Handling course or People Movement course and Manual Handling course, please get in touch with our booking office on 01-8479463 for special pricing. Special Group pricing is also available.
Our tutor Jim Foley has worked as an Electrical Contractor/Door Security/Fire Alarm/CCTV Specialist for more than 30 years. His clients include the Spanish and Portuguese embassies in Dublin and London and the Aer Rianta Lounge at St Petersburg in Russia. He was also recently involved in the British Queen’s visit to Dublin.
"Manual Handling is a short and great course that showed me the importance of lifting items properly - something my back will thank me for in the future" - Glen
- Health, Safety and Manual Handling Law
- Back basics
- Prevention of back injury
- Ergonomics and VDU’s
- Manual Handling assessment
- Individual lifts and carrying (this section can be tailored to suit the group)
- Safe lifting
- Exercise for your back
- Entry Requirements: None
- Qualification: In House Certifiate
- Assessment: Skills demonstration / Exam
Price and next starting date.
- Price: €50
- Funding: A range of training courses are available with NCU Training which are free to unemployed persons. The first step is to contact your local Employment Services Office to register and apply for training.
- View Upcoming Courses for next starting date