Important Note for all Occupational First Aiders
The accreditation qualification for Occupational First Aiders has changed from QQI to PHECC as and from June 1st 2018. The Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) is an independent statutory agency with responsibility for standards, education and first aid training. PHECC also maintain a statutory register of approved training organisations and first aid practitioners. NCU Training is now a finalising the process to become a provider of PHECC Approved First Aid Responder (FAR) and First Aid Responder (FAR) Refresher training courses.
Our QQI Advanced First Aid carries the QQI Occupational First Aid certification and is highly valuable as an advanced first aid course for staff members in all sectors.
"I feel I have learned things I could apply at home or in work. Recently I came across an accident and I did not know how to cover bleeding skin, now I do!" - Ann
Learning outcomes are broken in to the following units
- First Aid in the Workplace
- Patient Assessment
- Respiratory emergencies
- Cardiac First response
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Altered Levels of consciousness
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Burns and Scalds, Chemicals, Poison, Electric Shock
For a full list of learning outcomes see page 4-9 of component specification here
- Award Title:Occupational First Aid (5N1207)
- Duration: 50 Hours in total comprising 24 hours Directed learning and 26 hours self directed learning.
- Entry Requirements: QQI Level 4 certificate, Leaving certificate or equivalent qualifications
- Award Type: Minor Award
- Framework Level: NFQ Level 5
- Awarding Body: QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland)
- Two Skills demonstrations
- Short answer question examination
- Protection for Learners:
As a part of best practice to safeguard the interests of learners enrolled for programmes exceeding three months and in line with the regulatory/statutory requirements of QQI and the ‘Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012’.
NCU Training has arranged comprehensive cover by a Learner Protection Policy, Number
LPI-00098-PHIS with O'Driscoll O'Neil underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited, June 2018.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that learners are protected in the event of the unexpected cessation of any training programme in NCU Training provided, and/or organised and/or sub-contracted training.
Evidence to confirm implementation of the NCU Training Protection for Learners Policy includes:
- A statement of arrangements for Protection for Learners in programme information for relevant programmes of over three months’ duration.
- Fee refund documentation, where it applies.
- Learner transfer documentation, in the event of the unexpected cessation of programmes
- Complaints Procedure:
It is your right as a client of our service to make a complaint if you feel your experience with us falls short of what you expected. We want the process to be easy, effective and fair. If you would like to make a complaint, you can either call us on 01-8479463 or email us directly at email@example.com
Price and next starting date.
- Price:€199 (Excluding Certification Fee)
- Funding: A range of training courses are available with NCU Training which are free to unemployed persons. The first step is to contact your local Employment Services Office to register and apply for training.
- View Upcoming Courses for next starting date