Information Technology (4N1125)
Information Technology Skills - 4N1125 can be a part-time progression course from Computer Literacy (or for candidates with some computing skills). This is a standalone minor award, which can be used towards achieving a full Major Award in Office Skills–4M2070
"As someone who knew very little about computers this course has given me the confidence to find my way around computers and try things I otherwise would have never done" - Paul
Participants will learn how to:
- Explain a range of information technology concepts and terminology to include computer, computer hardware components, system and application software, input devices, output devices, data storage devices, bytes, files, folder/directory, drives, memory, LAN, WAN, and the internet
- Describe the impact of information technology on personal life and working or community life
- Manage files, folders or directories using a range of common file management features to include create, rename, delete, copy, move, locate and save to range of drives
- Use a data entry application to enter data using text, alpha, numeric and special characters to a minimum speed of 15 words per minute
- Access a word processing package to open a file, enter and edit text by inserting and deleting characters, words, sentences and paragraphs
- Format text using a range of format tools to include joining and splitting, line spacing, indentation, justifying and alignment
- Enhance text using a range of enhancement tools to include bold, underline, italicize, font and font size
- Edit a block of text using a range of editing tools to include move, copy and delete
- Navigate specific internet sites through a browser with specific links identified
- Use a range of functions in a webmail application to create, reply, cc, bcc, and add attachments to emails
- Manage a personal email account to include inbox, read/unread, deleted items, trash, drafts, and contacts/address book
- Produce an accurate hard copy of a 50-70 word document by proof reading, and using spell check, save, and print features
- Produce a hard copy of specific information located on the internet.
- Award Title: Information technology (4N1125)
- Duration: 100 Hours, 50 of which will be direct learning.
- Entry requirements: QQI Level 3 certificate, Junior certificate or equivalent
- Award Type: Minor Award
- Framework Level: NFQ Level 4
- Awarding Body: QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland)
- Protection for Learners:
As a part of best practice to safeguard the interests of learners enrolled for programmes exceeding three months and in line with the regulatory/statutory requirements of QQI and the ‘Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012’.
NCU Training has arranged comprehensive cover by a Learner Protection Policy, Number
LPI-00098-PHIS with O'Driscoll O'Neil underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited, June 2018.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that learners are protected in the event of the unexpected cessation of any training programme in NCU Training provided, and/or organised and/or sub-contracted training.
Evidence to confirm implementation of the NCU Training Protection for Learners Policy includes:
- A statement of arrangements for Protection for Learners in programme information for relevant programmes of over three months’ duration.
- Fee refund documentation, where it applies.
- Learner transfer documentation, in the event of the unexpected cessation of programmes
- Complaints Procedure:
It is your right as a client of our service to make a complaint if you feel your experience with us falls short of what you expected. We want the process to be easy, effective and fair. If you would like to make a complaint, you can either call us on 01-8479463 or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Price and next starting date.
- Price:€199 (Excluding Certification Fee)
- Funding: A range of training courses are available with NCU Training which are free to unemployed persons. The first step is to contact your local Employment Services Office to register and apply for training.
- View Upcoming Courses for next starting date