Payroll is a FETAC/QQI level 5 course that is designed to give participants the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain payroll records both manually and on a computer in a small to medium sized organisation. Students will learn how to process a weekly payroll with all its additions, deductions and tax implications as well as weekly reports and pay slips. They will also develop an understanding of all revenue entitlements available to the PAYE worker and will learn how to submit statutory documentation such as P45, P60, P30 and P35. Participants will become familiar with the Thesaurus software package, which is used by more than 50,000 companies across Ireland and the UK.
"The course was extremley informative, the tutor made the course easy to learn" - Karl
Our tutor Jenny Dunne has extensive experience tutoring both payroll and bookkeeping. She is qualified in TAS, Thesaurus and Sage. Jenny is also a tax and account advisor to new businesses and start ups.
The course is delivered under two headings:
- Understand the concepts of the PAYE taxation system
- Accurately calculate and process payroll including: Gross pay, Net pay, Tax credits, Employer and employee PRSI contributions, temporary taxation system and refunds.
- Complete tax deduction cards Computerised
- Create and input employee details
- Process weekely payroll
- Additions and deductions and tax implications
- Weekly reports
- Pay slips
- Submitting statutory documentation accurately including P45, P60, P30, P35
Price and next starting date.
- Price: €250 (Excluding certification fee)
- View upcoming courses for next starting date